Sunday, April 22, 2012

Heartsounds – Until We Surrender LP (clear turquoise /255)



I’ve slowly found these songs becoming stuck in my head. During the day at work I find myself humming these songs, I’ve found myself selecting their records to listen to more and more.

Heartsounds come from San Francisco and play fast and techy modern day punk rock with a male/female dynamic. Heartsounds were formed out of the ashes of Light This City (Laura Nichol and Ben Murray’s metal band).

Until We Surrender’ was released through both Epitaph (CD) and Creator Destructor (vinyl). The vinyl looks great. A glossy gatefold jacket with amazing artwork by Black Axe (as usual) and clear turquoise wax, limited to 255.  

My girlfriend, Jade, has this LP on pink, which is also limited 255. Together we have both colours of the first press.

Heartsounds are also playing Fest 11 this year, which Jade and I are attending. Very excited!

FFO: Strung Out and A Wilhelm Scream
            http://www.heartsoundsband.com/
            http://www.creator-destructor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment