Monday, February 14, 2011

Defiance, Ohio – Midwestern Minutes LP (purple mix /467)


The 4th record from Defiance, Ohio. If you’ve have any of their other records you will know what to expect. DIY folk punk awesomeness! This record had to grow on me a bit before I began to appreciate it as much as their last efforts. I don’t exactly know why this was the case, but now I can’t get these songs out of my head. I can definitely hear some more poppy influences shining through on this record. There is something that is so sincere and honest about Defiance, Ohio. Every time I put one of their records on I can’t help but smile. They combine sweetness and gruffness so well.
This record is best listened to in Autumn or the beginning of Spring.
You can also download their music from their website, but buy the stuff if you can.

FFO: Ghost Mice, Andrew Jackson Jihad and early Against Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment