Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Various Artists - We’ll Inherit The Earth... A Tribute To The Replacements


Tribute albums are very touch and go, there’s always one band that absolutely slaughters the cover. I tend to steer clear of tribute albums but after a shitty job interview I decided to do some retail therapy to help heal the wounds. I ended up buying this due to, in my opinion, some great bands contributing their versions of some Replacements songs.
All in all this is a good collection of covers, although the bands don’t really stray to far from the original song formulas. I didn’t find myself reaching for the skip button either which was a positive as well.
Here’s the list of what band does what song as well for those that care:
  1. The Ergs! - "I'm in Trouble"
  2. Hi Ho Six Shooter - "If Only You Were Lonely"
  3. Basement Black - "Raised in the City"
  4. Drunken Boat - "Kids Don't Follow"
  5. Off With Their Heads - "Goddamn Job"
  6. Blotto - "Color Me Impressed"
  7. Modern Machines - "Mr. Whirly"
  8. Druglords Of The Avenues - "Favorite Thing"
  9. The Tim Version - "Nowhere Is My Home"
  10. The Queers - "Unsatisfied"
  11. Tiltwheel - "Skyway"
  12. Whiskey Sunday - "Can't Hardly Wait"
  13. North Lincoln - "Kiss Me On The Bus"
  14. The Obsoletes - "Waitress In The Sky"
  15. Against Me! - "Bastards of Young"
  16. J. Page - "Left of the Dial"
  17. The Draft - "Little Mascara"
  18. Thomas Barnett & Rob Huddleston - "Here Comes a Regular"
  19. Jason White - "Torture"
  20. The Urchin - "Rock 'n' Roll Ghost"
  21. This is My Fist - "Beer For Breakfast"
  22. Drag the River - "Portland"
  23. Almighty Do Me a Favor - "Treatment Bound"

No comments:

Post a Comment