Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Balance and Composure / Tigers Jaw – Split 12” (green /200)



This split really got under my skin. I woke up mornings with its songs stuck in my head. I had it playing on repeat all day for weeks. This has found its way into my Top 5 Splits list.
Balance and Composure spill their guts out. This is emotionally intense post-hardcore/punk/whatever.

Tigers Jaw is stylistically very different. Fuzzy and lazy punk rock that smokes to much weed.

Balance and Composure
FFO: Brand New

Tigers Jaw
FFO: Cheap Girls

Balance and Composure are touring Australia at the moment with Fires of Waco. I’m missing them unfortunately as I’m in Perth when they play Sydney. Make sure you go to one of these shows.



2 comments:

  1. Did you end up going to this tour?
    I can't decide if I like this band or not. Don't know about Tiger Jaws, are they good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't I was in Perth so I missed both Sydney shows.
    I think that you would like Tigers Jaw a lot more than Balance and Composure Pete. Yes, they are good.

    ReplyDelete