Saturday, September 3, 2011

Balance and Composure – Separation



This is Balance and Composure’s debut album and many people are hailing it as one of the best of 2011. However, personally this album didn’t have the same impact upon me like the split with Tigers Jaw did. Their side on that 12” absolutely floored me.

It took me a few listens of this record to really get into it. They have honed their emotionally driven indie rock down and fine tuned parts rather than having the raw emotion come through.

That being said, I still think that this is a brilliant album. After finally ‘getting’ this record I find it really hard to actually pick many faults, except one which stands out to me. The lengthening of vowels the way Americans seem to do shits me and it is all over the place here.

After listening to this record expect to be emotionally drained. This is depressing and exciting at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment